The aim of the Oakbrook Capital Campaign is to fund completion of the campus-wide master building plan which will provide state-of- the art academic and athletic facilities for our students. This plan is designed to meet the needs of a growing student body and fulfill our commitment to expanding the breadth and depth of programs we offer to match the interests of our students in the classroom and on the playing field.
Some of Our Recent Accomplishments
- Student Life Center featuring 4 additional classrooms, a new weight room, space for physical education classes, play/musical practice, ½ court basketball, school dances, small events and much more in this flexible space.
- Additional class space for Band, Robotics, Lower school music, art, and computer lab were added to accommodate the growth of these great programs!
- Outdoor patio off the Student Commons for expanded lunch space to accommodate our growing student body.
- Soccer /Football Field lighting allows our student athletes to host outdoor games at night. The addition of lights allows our middle school teams to start a bit later so our parents can make it to the game!
- The Field House construction provides a welcome relief for our spectators of outdoor athletic and other activities. Two new restrooms take the place of “port o potties” along with a facility for our sports trainer and new concessions.
- The outdoor deck for the lower school provides a great space with a great view for lunch, class or special projects. Check out the new doors opening up the hallway with a view of the new deck.
- The new entrance welcomes our families and visitors to Oakbrook. This new entrance provides a beautiful space that pays tribute to Oakbrook’s Psalm 1:3, That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers. The strong Oak and riverbed circles around a statue of students reading.
- New wayfarer signs help our visitors find their way on campus.
- Baseball dugouts were built with “sweat equity” and generous gifts by our parents. Thanks to our donors and volunteers, we have two great baseball dugouts.
- Gymnasium seating was added not only for athletic events, but for our weekly chapel and other gathering opportunities. The chair backs are welcomed relief during events!
- LED Lighting was installed in the majority of our campus building allowing Oakbrook to provide a more efficient lighting system. This opportunity helps us help the environment by using less energy and saving Oakbrook $$! Outdoor lighting in our parking lot and surrounding our buildings provides extra safety at night.
- The new gymnasium sound system designed to showcase our arts and chapel programs. The new sound system provides a strong, clear sound so we see our students perform at their best!
- Fencing in the breezeway between the two main buildings provides an extra layer of security for our students during the day.
Our Future Plans Include
- A new academic wing providing much needed space for classrooms, STEM, and the arts. Spaces for new science labs, performing arts, and innovative classrooms will be a part of this great project.
- A new lower school to expand and replace our current lower school building in order to provide additional classroom space, lunch space, library, STEAM lab, and multi-purpose rooms.
- Soccer / Football grandstand and press box to be utilized not only for outdoor sports, but Oakbrook traditions such as Powder Puff, Field Day, and many other outdoor activities.
- Baseball lighting will allow our middle school and varsity games to be held on the same day.
- Upgrades in technology throughout our school for integrating technology in the classroom.