It's time to register for the 2017-2018 school year!
Dear School families,
We are celebrating another outstanding school year at Oakbrook. Our students are achieving high academic honors while excelling in the arts and athletics.
Here are just a few of this year's highlights:
- Oakbrook students are scoring well above the state and national averages on AP, PSAT, SAT, ACT, and Stanford tests. Seniors being accepted and receiving scholarships to their colleges and universities of choice.
- Oakbrook offers more than 20 AP classes - more than any Spartanburg County Public School - and the only to offer the AP Capstone and TEALS programs.
- Our Lower School's advanced math track and STEAM Lab offers students hands-on inquiry-based science exploration - giving students the edge in this rapidly changing world.
- Our comprehensive focus on integrating a Biblical worldview provides all students with a strong faith foundation.
- Preparations for our annual Spring musical are underway involving more than 100 middle and upper school students.
- Oakbrook's athletic teams are celebrating State Championships and personal records. The Boys Swim team brought home their first championship title this year.
In addition to these accomplishments, Oakbrook will host an AdvancEd SACS/CASI External Review Team for the purpose of re-accreditation on February 9-10. A team of visiting professionals will evaluate our adherence to AdvancEd's global standards, as well as our commitment to continuous school improvement to advance student learning. This in-depth, rigorous accreditation process positions our school among the nation's top private and public institutions.
We hope that you will join us for our annual Town Hall/State of the School Address onMonday, February 13 at 7 p.m. in the Student Commons. This is your opportunity to hear from our administration and board of directors about strategic planning initiatives for the future.
This one-hour meeting will include:
- A State-of-the-School Address.
- Accreditation result and improvement priorities from the AdvancEd team.
- A Q&A with members of Oakbrook's administration and board.
This is an exciting enrollment year as well. We're exceeding enrollment predictions and anticipate limited space availability in several grades next fall. While it's a joy to share Oakbrook with prospective families, returning families are our first priority. Click here to electronically register your child for the 2017-2018 school year. A copy of this letter along with the contract will be mailed to you as well. A copy of our Tuition and Fees can be found here. Please sign and return or electronically submit the contract before February 15 to guarantee your child's seat for next year. We will begin accepting new students in March and cannot guarantee your space if we do not have a returned contract by the deadline. If you have a new sibling to enroll, please include their name on the contract and fill out a new student application found on our website or contact Admissions Director Amanda Ledbetter.
Once again, thank you for choosing Oakbrook for your child's education. It's a privilege to be a part of this school and the lives of your amazing students. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.